The Roosevelt Coffeehouse and Roosevelt Coffee Roasters are proud to be a part of this collaborative effort.
To access the campaign, click on the “We Are All In This Together” button.
Columbus, we are all in this together. Help us feed 20,000 people at risk.
As we’ve built our businesses and organizations, we’ve watched this city really take form. Now the 15th largest city in the U.S., Columbus has never felt smaller. We have communities inside communities, all working in parallel to support our neighbors as we navigate this crisis. It’s that spirit of Columbus collaboration that’s launched this campaign.
This initiative – kicked off by Homage, Pelotonia, Jeni’s, The Roosevelt Coffeehouse, and Hot Chicken Takeover – will generate funds to directly reinvest in meeting community needs.
We’re asking you to contribute to provide sustenance and comfort directly to those at risk. We need your help to meet our goal of feeding 20,000 members of our community. Your contributions will be reinvested in under-utilized restaurant kitchens and teams to meet demand for safely prepared meals out in the community. In return, you’ll receive great rewards from each participating brand to be fulfilled and used after the crisis.
We recognize that this effort is a lot bigger than us. We are coming together to start a movement and empower our local businesses, restaurants and community organizations to unite. This crisis has changed the world as we know it, but we are not alone. We are all in this together.
We believe each and every one of us plays a critical role in caring for this community.
On top of all the rewards below, all contributors will be invited to a large community celebration (date TBD on when we can safely gather again).
- $25 contribution— you will receive a free meal from Hot Chicken Takeover, a free scoop of Jeni’s ice cream, a free drink from Roosevelt Coffeehouse and a Pelotonia magnet arrow.
- $35 contribution— you will receive a limited print “We Are All In This Together” Homage t-shirt.
- $50 contribution— you will receive a limited print “We Are All In This Together” Homage t-shirt, a free meal from Hot Chicken Takeover, a free scoop of Jeni’s ice cream, a free drink from Roosevelt Coffeehouse and a Pelotonia magnet arrow.
- $5,000 corporate sponsorship— for businesses interested in contributing, we’ve designed a package for you and your team. Your sponsorship will include 50 of each item in our $50 rewards pack and recognition from our campaign partners in social media and during the event.
All net proceeds will be reinvested into underutilized restaurant kitchens across our city, enabling our business community to mobilize in this time of crisis, both providing comfort to those at risk through sharing safely prepared meals and sustaining local jobs.
In real time, we are learning the direct impact COVID-19 is having on our community.
- We are experiencing a shortage of life saving medical supplies, putting our healthcare professionals at significant risk as case numbers climb in our community. The Ohio Department of Health shared on Tuesday that 16% of coronavirus cases are coming from workers in our healthcare sector.
- In Central Ohio, more than half a million people are considered food insecure.
- Within the last week, Ohio unemployment claims have increased from 4,000 on a weekly average to more than 110,000 claims in 5 days.
- It’s estimated 5-7 million restaurant and hospitality jobs will be lost nationwide over the next three months.
Across our city, state and world, small businesses have taken devastating hits in revenue, forced to temporarily layoff members of their teams and suspend operations. Your contribution not only provides meals for our community, but it allows us to keep going, sustain jobs and survive during this crisis. Your support through this campaign will have a rippling effect across our community, allowing all of us to come back stronger than before.
Imagine the impact we can make when we are all in this together.
Community needs amplify in crisis. With increased demand and a limited resource network of community partners at our fingertips, we know we won’t be able to meet our community’s needs alone.
If you are a nonprofit organization providing meals to at risk members of our community, please contact us here. If you operate a restaurant in Central Ohio and are looking to get involved, please fill out this form. The five of us are just the start, we’re looking to you to help us grow this collaboration and join our unified effort.
Other Ways You Can Help
We recognize that the impact of COVID-19 is far-reaching. If you are unable to financially contribute, there are ways you can help us in reaching our goal.
- Share this campaign through your social media networks
- Help us grow our resource network by connecting us with community organizations and restaurants interested in serving meals to community members at risk
About the Collaborative
Founded in 2007, HOMAGE turns back the clock with shout-outs to eclectic moments and personalities in sports, music, and popular culture. From Billie Jean King to Larry Bird, our clothing tells stories of triumph, individualism and hustle, preserving the old school and creating new legacies. Pay homage. Learn more at homage.com.
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams is an artisan ice cream company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Jeni’s is known for its creative flavors and its high-quality ingredients, as well as its cookbooks. Jeni’s has over 40 branded ‘scoop shops’, and retail distributors nationally. Learn more at jenis.com.
The Roosevelt Coffeehouse
The Roosevelt Coffeehouse and Roosevelt Coffee Roasters are built to support organizations fighting the injustices of hunger, unclean water, and human trafficking both locally and around the world. Learn more at rooseveltcoffee.org.
Pelotonia started as an idea. A ride. A weekend. But the ride became something bigger. It has built a global community empowered to affect social change. A community that exists to engage, inspire, and challenge a community committed to change the world by accelerating innovative cancer research. Learn more at pelotonia.org.
Hot Chicken Takeover
Hot Chicken Takeover is a community-focused restaurant serving juicy, perfectly-fried Nashville Hot Chicken to Central + Northeast Ohio residents. Founded in 2014 in Columbus, Ohio, HCT is focused on creating impact in the communities it serves through its approach as a Fair Chance Employer. Learn more at hotchickentakeover.com.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.